Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a key function in our Industry
We’re committed to upholding our corporate social responsibility, ensuring our products are always produced in ethically sound environments, through a global supply chain that adheres to international standards established to protect people and the planet.
We offer our clients peace of mind with the assurance that our products and services are supplied via socially responsible supply chains – audited to ensure safe working conditions, free from forced labour and corruption.
The supply chain function contributes to the company’s sustainable development commitments by integrating sustainability issues into our processes and procedures. This incorporates sustainability thinking into sourcing from our supply partners
Oldeani’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility extends to our supply base and we expect all our suppliers to conduct their worldwide operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Our goal is to work collaboratively with our suppliers to encourage compliance with the principles detailed in this document.
This Code of Conduct sets out the key standards that suppliers must adhere to if they wish to become and remain a preferred supplier of Oldeani Limited. In any event, it is expected that suppliers will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply with any of the requirements referenced in this policy may result in the relevant supplier being removed from our approved or preferred supplier lists.
Oldeani’s policy is to seek to purchase goods and services which are produced and delivered under conditions that do not abuse or exploit any persons and promote the same high standards with which we treat our own staff. All our suppliers must commit to follow the principles and legislative requirements of both the Ethical Trading Initiative and the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and provide assurance their supply chain involved in providing our products and services is free from slavery and human trafficking.
We specifically require that all our qualified and preferred suppliers confirm that they adhere to the following principles:
Employment is freely chosen
- Human Rights are respected and observed in line with legislation applicable to the location and there is no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
- Workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
Working conditions are safe
- Provide staff with a safe and hygienic working environment which complies with all health and safety laws.
- Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health occurring in the course of work by minimising the causes of hazards in the working environment so far as practicably possible.
- Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training and training shall be made available for new workers.
- Access to clean toilet facilities and to potable water and if appropriate sanitary facilities and food storage shall be provided.
- Accommodation, where provided, should be clean, safe and meet the basic needs of workers.
Child Labour shall not be used
- Ensure that there is no new recruitment of child labour.
- If a child is found to be performing child labour, your company should develop or participate in and contribute to policies and programs which provide for the transition of any child found in the supply chain, to attend and remain in quality education until no longer a child.
- Children and young persons under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
- Policies and procedures shall conform to the provision of the relevant ILO standards.
Living wages are paid
- All staff are paid in accordance with all minimum wage laws and provided with all statutory benefits
- Wages should always be high enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
Working hours are not excessive
- Working hours must comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection and shall not exceed 48 hours per week.
- All overtime shall be voluntary and should be compensated at a premium rate, which is recommended to be not less than 125% of the regular rate of pay.
- The total hours worked in any seven day period shall not exceed 60 hours, except where allowed by national law; or there is a collective agreement freely negotiated with a workers organisation which represents a significant proportion of the workforce, and appropriate safeguards are taken to protect the workers’ health and safety; and the employer can demonstrate that exceptional circumstances apply such as unexpected production peaks, accidents or emergencies.
No discrimination is practised
- Comply with all anti-discrimination laws and ensure that all its staff are treated fairly and in a respectful manner: there is no discrimination practised in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- All Suppliers must provide assurance that their supply chains meet all legal requirements relating to Equality and anti-discrimination.
No inhumane treatment is allowed
Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
Social and ethical management
Oldeani expects all their vendors and their subcontractors to operate to socially responsible standards and will work collaboratively with its supply chain to achieve these aims. We do not disregard or discriminate against vendors who fall short of our standards providing that they agree to implement improvements.
Sustainability is integral to our procurement processes and supplier engagement.
As we integrate sustainable development into our key business activities, suppliers play a significant role. How they manage their impact on the environmental and community is important to us and can affect our performance.
Oldeani will never knowingly use suppliers whose values do not reflect appropriately on our own. Because of
Our standards fall into the eight main areas defined below: –
- The Vendor should not engage in or support the use of child labour.
- The Vendor should not engage in or support the use of forced labour.
- The Vendor should provide a safe and healthy working environment and minimise accidents
throughremoving hazard and reducing risk.
- The Vendor should respect the right of personnel to form and join trade unions and to bargain collectively.
- The Vendor should not engage in or support any form of discrimination.
- The Vendor should not engage in or support the use of any form of corporal punishment.
- The Vendor should comply with applicable laws and industry standards on working hours.
- The Vendor shall ensure that wages paid shall always meet legal or industry minimum standards and shall be enough to meet basic needs and provide some discretionary income.
Oldeani recognises the importance of sound environmental management practice and believes that this should extend down through its supply chain. We are also aware of our responsibility to provide our customers with safe and reliable products that have a reduced environmental impact. We actively seek to deal with organisations that share the following goals:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, and where possible exceed these standards.
- Ensure that goods supplied to Oldeani have no adverse effect on the environment and comply with
EuropeanUnion and international law.
- Promote biodiversity wherever possible.
- Offer and promote sustainable product and service solutions where available.
- Commit to continuous improvement of environmental performance.
- Reduce waste production and by-products by taking full advantage of all re-use and
- Reduce the consumption of energy and water by improving efficiency controls, introducing
energy savinginitiatives, and using renewables
Oldeani operates to a certified environmental management system ISO14001
Oldeani is committed to providing quality products to our customers. It is important that our supply chain works to the same standards. In our view, quality management means clearly defining what we do and how we do it, and then doing it right
Working with a trusted global network of audited suppliers, we provide branded merchandise that’s manufactured to high standards and checked at every stage of production, to ensure our commitment to quality is maintained.
We must exercise good judgment in selecting suppliers. We will not knowingly use suppliers who operate unethically, or violate applicable laws
From materials to workmanship, production inspections to panel testing; all aspects of the merchandise we provide is subject to rigorous quality control procedures before it’s approved for despatch.
Oldeani operates to a certified management system ISO9001